WAFFLES: Hey Boss? In case you were wondering, the Greenies aren't machine washable.
KATIE: Waffles, what did you do?
KATIE: Please tell me you didn't put the Greenies in the washing machine again.
KATIE: That crumpled and clearly EMPTY bag is looking awfully clean, Waffles.
WAFFLES: Maybe we should have used the gentle cycle.
KATIE: I've got your gentle cycle.
In another episode of "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" - Waffles puts a bag of catnip-flavored Greenies in the washing machine. How is this even possible? Following is the sequence of events that let to the unfortunate demise of a perfectly good bag of Greenies:
- While construction workers were ripping up our damaged walls and ceilings last week, Katie & Waffles needed to be contained in what used to be the Kitten Quarantine Room so there would be no chance of getting hurt or escaping.
- Glogirly lured Katie & Waffles into the room by offering them what looked like handfuls of Greenies. She even shook the bag.
- Once Katie & Waffles were distracted with the tasty free-for-all, Glogirly made a run for it. She had the bag of Greenies in one hand and shut the door with the other.
- The only safe and convenient place to store the bag of Greenies was inside the laundry closet, just outside the quarantine room. Probably so she could trick Katie & Waffles again the next time another worker showed up.
- Later in the day, Katie & Waffles got a glimpse of the bag sitting on the edge of the washer in the closet while Glogirly was washing towels.
- A couple of loads later, Glogirly neglected to close the laundry closet doors completely.
- And that's how a perfectly good bag of Greenies lands in the wash. The spin cycle probably did them in.
I guess now they are CleaniesReplyDelete
HAHAHA!!!! Good one, Patty!Delete
Mommy is GROANING at Aunt Patty's comment. SERIOUSLIES, she has NO sense of humor.ReplyDelete
Oh dear! I've never washed treats, but I have (accidentally) washed a paperback book and a cell phone. Not in the same load.ReplyDelete
Us cat Mamas know you can't make this stuff up! We've washed stranger things....ReplyDelete
MOL, cleany greenies!ReplyDelete
Thank goodness Mum hasn't done that to our Dreamies.ReplyDelete
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Nooooo! I can't bear to look!ReplyDelete
We've never thrown treats in the wash ... we're too busy eating them after we steal them ...ReplyDelete
Mi is laughing so hard over your back story. Sounds like you have to constantly be on your toes to keep ahead of two smart kitties!ReplyDelete
Oh, the tragedy!!!ReplyDelete
Our cat treats have to stay behind a barred door for similar reasons, but none have actually gone through the laundry before.
MOL ! Mum already washed mice, jingle balls, and other cool cat stuff, but never treats ! PurrsReplyDelete
Oh Miss Patty made a funny one! ;)ReplyDelete
Waffles, the way that bag looks, you musta got a few of those greenies before they went through the spin cycle.
We're laughing @ Miss Patty's comment too.ReplyDelete
The Florida Furkids
I am laughing at Patty's comment too! While reading how this happened...I could COMPLETELY understand exactly how it happened...you are right "you can't make this stuff up!"ReplyDelete
What a pity:( I hope Mom buys you some new ones.ReplyDelete
dang - perfectly good treats down the drain....ReplyDelete
Did you get food all over the clothing? So like you could clean it up? We've had few mice go through the spin cycle and come out but never treats...ReplyDelete
I usually find toys in my wash. LOL. Have a great week.ReplyDelete
Oh no, a perfectly good bag of Greenies gone!ReplyDelete
You ruined a bag full of Greenies??? Truffles just passed out from the shock!ReplyDelete
I'm stuck on the word "again".. has this happened before?ReplyDelete
Mom bean wants to know, do clothes washed in greenies smell meaty or fresh?ReplyDelete
We is just sorry your lost a good bag of treats. We hopes there are more put away somewhere.
Sasha, Sami, & Saku
MOL at at Patty's comment! I hope the Greenies were replaced for you.ReplyDelete
From the amount of claw marks on the bag..I'd say someone was trying to break in to it before it went in the wash..Right Waff???ReplyDelete
We hope they got all the treats out of the bag before they washed it in the washing machine. MOLReplyDelete
*sporfles muchly* Lesson learned, I'm sure.ReplyDelete
The feline equivalent of the Titanic sinking...ReplyDelete
So now you have catnip infused towels?ReplyDelete
Do we see fangs in that first picture!ReplyDelete
Lily & Edward