WAFFLES: Hey Boss? In case you were wondering, the Greenies aren't machine washable.
KATIE: Waffles, what did you do?
KATIE: Please tell me you didn't put the Greenies in the washing machine again.
KATIE: That crumpled and clearly EMPTY bag is looking awfully clean, Waffles.
WAFFLES: Maybe we should have used the gentle cycle.
KATIE: I've got your gentle cycle.
In another episode of "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" - Waffles puts a bag of catnip-flavored Greenies in the washing machine. How is this even possible? Following is the sequence of events that let to the unfortunate demise of a perfectly good bag of Greenies:
- While construction workers were ripping up our damaged walls and ceilings last week, Katie & Waffles needed to be contained in what used to be the Kitten Quarantine Room so there would be no chance of getting hurt or escaping.
- Glogirly lured Katie & Waffles into the room by offering them what looked like handfuls of Greenies. She even shook the bag.
- Once Katie & Waffles were distracted with the tasty free-for-all, Glogirly made a run for it. She had the bag of Greenies in one hand and shut the door with the other.
- The only safe and convenient place to store the bag of Greenies was inside the laundry closet, just outside the quarantine room. Probably so she could trick Katie & Waffles again the next time another worker showed up.
- Later in the day, Katie & Waffles got a glimpse of the bag sitting on the edge of the washer in the closet while Glogirly was washing towels.
- A couple of loads later, Glogirly neglected to close the laundry closet doors completely.
- And that's how a perfectly good bag of Greenies lands in the wash. The spin cycle probably did them in.