Hi everyone, Katie here.
HA HA, fooled you! By the sounds of my headline I bet you thought I was going to post cute photos of me curled up in Glogirly's lap... lounging the day away. Well, guess what. I don't do that kind of lap. I'm not that kind of angel.
So Glogirly's newest adventure in fitness appears to be swimming. Somehow she thought that her dog paddling skills she learned as a kid could be easily converted into an aquatic fitness regime. She would, after all, not drown if she was thrown overboard from a small fishing vessel. She enjoys deep bathtubs. Even the occasional hot tub. Someone forgot to tell her though that there's just a little more to it than kicking and paddling around in the shallow end.
Glogirly enlisted in the help of a former-swimming-champion-friend. She just wanted to learn how to breathe and do that fancy little somersault turn thing in between laps.
Ok Houston, we have a problem. Correction: Problems, plural.
- You have to put your face in the water.
- You can't breathe with your face in the water.
- You have to be ok with your face in the water.
- If 1, 2, and 3 are problems, you have a problem.
- If water up your nose is causing panic, you have to wear a geeky nose clip.
- If vision is a big deal to you, you have to wear funny goggles.
- You must kick like mad with your legs, stroke for all you're worth with your arms, put your face boldly in the water and breathe ONLY when your face comes out of the water. All in perfect rhythm. All while your heart is racing, your arms & legs are going numb and you are gasping for air.
- Forget about the fancy somersault turn thing in between laps. You have to actually swim a lap first. Laps, Schmaps.
Here are Glogirly's new swimming toys.
She's a major newbie. Especially with that nose clip, flotation device and goggles. I'd offer to give her lessons. But I already know there is a strict no-cat policy at the pool. Probably just some lazy pool guy tired of picking cat hair out of the filter.
As far as fitness goes, I still think Glogirly would be better off training with me at home. We could do the CATFLEXING routine I blogged about a few months ago.
But she doesn't listen to me. That Glogirly. She's just so single minded and stubborn. Not like anyone I know, THAT'S for sure.