Hi everyone, Flat Katie here.
Glogirly and I made it to Park City, Utah last night. No speeding tickets, knock on pavement. Glogirly did pull a 'Jeff Daniels' though. If you've ever seen the movie Dumb & Dumber, you'll likely know what I mean. One wrong exit and she turned a 1,200 mile trip into a 1,400 mile trip. There were words. Words that nearly curled my flat ears.
She's blaming it on cheese. I'll explain, follow along carefully because it's complicated.
- She has built-in GPS in her car and has named him Jeeves.
- Why Jeeves? Well, it actually comes from a previous car she and Gloman had. It was a Land Rover (made in the UK) and the GPS voice had a british accent. She loved his voice and the way he talked. He was so polite. "If possible, make a U-turn..." the proper Brit would suggest.
- Well Jeeves stuck and now all GPS voices are Jeeves to her.
- The current Jeeves is almost 5 years old. He's not up to date on some of the newer roads and sent Glogirly to a cornfield the last night instead of the Hilton Garden Inn.
- So this morning she didn't trust Jeeves too much when he told her to go east as opposed to west.
- So she ignored him.
- 150 miles later, she realized her mistake and it was too late to turn back.
- Jeeves was right all along, but she thought he was crying wolf again.
- So where does the cheese come in?
- Well Glogirly sent a text to Gloman to tell him of her predicament.
- She has an iPhone with Siri, the intelligent personal assistant that lets you use your voice to send messages, ask questions...she even tells jokes. (you've seen the iPhone commercials, right?)
- But Siri doesn't hear too well.
- No matter how many times Glogirly tried to message Gloman about Jeeves, she just kept calling Jeeves, Cheese.
- Jeeves is now Cheese.
Blame it on Cheese.
This morning we're on our way to downtown Salt Lake City for the first official day of BlogPaws. We're attending a cool master class on video making! We're super excited to start seeing our friends arrive! More updates to come...
Don't forget to vote to nominate your favorite pet bloggers for the Petties 2012 Awards! Voting is open until June 29 and one lucky shelter or rescue organization could also win a $10,000 donation. Click HERE for one of two ways to vote - through Facebook or by using your email!
Pretty-Please click and Share this post on Facebook. Thank you : )